Saturday, June 11, 2011

11 Tools #6-Web Tools to Promote Classroom Discussion

This year I already used a few of these tools in my classroom: Google Docs, Wallwisher, and Blogger.
I used Google Docs to share and receive files from teammates and students. I used Wallwisher earlier in the year but only once to ask the kids a question about a book we were reading. I also tried  using a classroom blog this year. Since this was my first year blogging I did not use it to its full potential. I have over the course of the year learned more about Blogger and have mapped out a plan for this to be a more successful way to communicate with parents and students.

Here is a Wallwisher I just created and sent the link to my classroom parents. I hope to hear some great responses from my students

Click on the picture to go to my wall on WallWisher

Here is my classroom blog:







This school year I will continue to use Blogger, Google Docs, and Wall Wisher.
I will add these new tools this year to my classroom:
Todays Meet--this would have been great to use during the Webinar we did with NASA earlier this year. I can't wait to use this during presentations and hopeful during other webinars we participate in.
Skype- to communicate with other classrooms and promote discussion. I had a Skype account already so I was excited that I could use the same account to create a Skype in the classroom account. I like that you can view lessons and ideas from other teachers and can connect to other classrooms through these communication requests. I can't wait to use this in the classroom this next year.

1 comment:

RCELibrarian said...

WOW! WOW!!!WOW...
I can't wait to see what our tech team does this year....may have to get some second graders involved..
Our teacher tech committee will take off as well!!!!!