Tuesday, June 7, 2011

11 Tools #2 Building Community in Online Environment

I am so glad that I have use blogger for the last few years and have subscribed to many educational blogs. The educators I met through these blogs have been an invaluable resource these last few years. I have not only been able to receive information and ideas from them but have also been able to share my ideas with others through this online community.
I included a blog list on this blog to show a few of my favorite educator blogs that I visit and comment on regularly. I hope this list will be helpful to others.
At first I was nervous about commenting on others blogs, however once I began I realized that I was able to learn so much more with others than trying to reinvent the wheel by myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good start....just remember what you did a few summers back...it will all resurface!!! Enjoy the journey through the 11 tools.

melanie said...

Hey Stayce!!!! Love, love, love your blog! I am a bit behind . . .which I am blaming on Jessie!! I am excited to join you and TT this year in the blog world!!

SFoster said...

Thanks Mel!
I can't wait to do a better job with my blog this year--last year was a trial year. Now that I've learned more this summer about blogger and also have the experience from last year I think my classroom blog will be better. You will love having a classroom blog! Main thing I've learned is that classroom blogs arent' complicated--just remember to keep it simple and it will be easy to use.