Thursday, June 9, 2011

11 Tools #4- Up to the Clouds

I enjoyed using Google Docs this year with my students. I first tried it in a class by practicing creating, sharing and commenting on documents. I then used Google Docs with some of the blogs I follow since some of the bloggers have shared docs on their blogs. This has proven to be a valuable resource.
At the end of the year I shared a  report outline and expectations for a project with all of my students through the SBISD Google Apps. The students received the file, saved it to their document files, did their research, and wrote the report. I was able to comment on their work through out this process. This cute down on a lot of extra paper and tedious rewriting during the editing process.
My students this year also used the presentation feature in Google Docs to create a timeline presentation instead of using a generic poster board as their presentation display.
I look forward to using this more this next school year. I plan uploading the homework pages each week to be shared with the students. This will also be useful in sharing documents with team members. I'm sure I will think of other ways once the year gets started. Can't wait to create and share!

In case anyone is a list maker like myself here is a cute To Do List that was shared with me:

2 comments:

Meredith McKim said...

Such a great to-do-list! You have really spent a lot of time on your blog! I am very impressed by all of your hard work.

Anonymous said...

I love this to-do-list! Your blog looks awesome! Thanks for sharing.