Monday, August 10, 2009

11.5 Thing 8

I love this new resource! And I love that they are FREE!
I had some problems creating one because my computer is acting up and something is apparently wrong with my JAVA. I'm trying to fix it and will hopefully have a screencast posted soon.
How I am going to use this in my classroom this year....
In 1st grade it is the first time many of the students are learning to save to their San Folder without the full help of a parent helper or teacher. Most of my students had this concept mastered before leaving first grade, however a few still needed a bit of help. The first few months of school I spent a lot of time helping each student by talking them through the steps as they saved their work. By creating a Screen Cast-I can capture the screen shots, talk them through it and beable to play it back on the computer connected to the projector in the computer lab. This would allow all the students to have a visual of the screen they should be seeing and also be able to hear the verbal directions. All the while freeing me to help individual students with other questions or help those that need more one-one help with these directions.
Another use will be when we have our 5th grade learning buddies helping with a project. I can use the screen shots and my verbal directions to help the 5th graders know my expectations for the project. Allowing them the chance to better guide the 1st grader in the project.
I can't wait to put this to use this year!

No comments: