Wednesday, August 5, 2009

11.5 Thing #5

I have been on Facebook for a while now and I agree that it has changed the way I communicate with others. I "facebook" more than I email with most of my friends. With elementary age kids I don't see this as an appropriate form of communication between student and teacher. Although between teacher and parent is another story. I have ignored many friend request from parents because it is my personal account. I am thinking about creating a school account for me though. Since so many people use facebook (some I know are on ALL day long it seems) it only creates another avenue for communication between school and home. Also, with facebook mobile being available many people check facebook or get instant text messages to their phone. This would be an easy way to send out reminders-especially last minute reminders to parents.

Twitter makes my head spin a little. I personally don't like twitter all that much. Maybe I'm just not use to it, but so much information is coming at me from all sides I feel a bit overhelmed with Twitter. I'm trying not to be closed minded about it but I still haven't fully embraced it yet.

No comments: