Monday, August 10, 2009

11.5 Thing 11.5-Evaluation

1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
I really enjoyed learning about the iTouch applications. Since this isn't a piece of equipment that I own I had never used/explored it before.
I also really love the screencast. This is something I will absolutely be using this year. Being able to give my students a visual they can watch will be so beneficial to them!

2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
I always have a technology goal each year. Using these tools will be able to help me reach those goals more efficiently. I also have more ideas through microblogging to engage parents as well into our daily classroom.

3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I had never heard of the Virtual Worlds....the creativity of those worlds surprised me.

4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program's format or concept?
I really enjoy the set up and format of the program. Being able to do this online is helpful. Also the required blogging to "turn in" assignments is great. Before last summer I had never blogged, really even read a blog, and couldn't imagine myself as a blogger. Now however it seems second nature. I would have liked more of these "Things" to apply to elementary. Sometimes it is hard to find great ideas to do with younger elementary kids. They are absolutely capable of digital learning! They love it when they are able to create and complete assignments using digital components.

Thanks for creating Library2Play2. I really enjoyed all of my digital learning this summer!

No comments: