Monday, August 10, 2009

11.5 Thing 7

This took up a lot of time...but only because I kept searching for new videos. I liked learning more about the copywrite. As teachers we hear so much about what we can and can't do according to the copywrite laws that it can be confusing at times. It is important to start the students learning about copywrite now.
I loved that I found videos of interview with authors. This would be great when we introduce a new author, began an author study, or to learn a little bit before we have an author visit. It allows access to authors' thoughts even though your school might not be fortunate enough to have author visits. This ties in nicely to my belief that everyone is an author and has a story to tell. It provides a visual for the students to see that yes, they can be an author too!
TOTLOL was great for videos for basic concepts. It is wonderful for the younger grades and for those students that need a little more help in their basic concepts. There were many videos about letters, numbers, letter sounds, etc. This would also be useful to the ELL students. Especially the students that come into our school with out any previous English instruction or knowledge.
Hulu had some great resources for 1st grades science units.
I love having more resources for videos--it is something that catches students attention. I liked that most of the videos I found had small clips so that I could show only what is relevant and also not use up too much classtime finding the specific clip of the video I wanted to show.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am now intrigued. Why is your Blog anonymous? I like the information you are sharing. Thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

Great Bog.