Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Thing #6

I think I could spend the whole day playing with all of the different mashups and sites. I really like the trading cards. Our librarian showed them to us a few months ago. This would be great to use at the beginning of the year. During the first few days of school take a picture of each child and have them tell the class 3 things they want to share about themselves. Then you could put their name, the classroom, and the 3 things they shared. After the class was finished then you could print them out for all of the kids to get a trading card from each of their new classmates. It would be a fun way to get to know each other.

The motivational posters would be great to use throughout the classroom, especially with pictures of your current students.


The mosaics were really easy to create and would be a great add on to a research project, writing, visuals for your lessons, etc.

I just hope I can remember all of these ideas come August.
I didn't get to play around with all of the programs but will be going back to check out the ones I missed!

1 comment:

Book Nook Girl said...

Wonderful idea for the using the Trading Card Maker for the beginning of the year! I am going to pass that on to my teachers! It sounds like you are definitely learning through play!