Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Thing 23!!!

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
I really enjoyed all of the exercises--I like learning how to blog, the mashups, using all of the google tools, and del.icio.ous

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
I learned that even though I am pretty tech savy there is so much that I still don't know and that I need to continue to learn more. Everyday there is something new related to Technology and to keep up with the kids and give them the best education I need to continue to learn all that I can.

Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
There are so many more tools out there that I didn't know about!
I'm very glad that I took this class and the format was great for a summer class.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
I liked the format- I thought it was easy use and very well thought out. Some of the videos were very basic and had monotone audio-that was difficult to get through. Other than that the videos and tutorials were very helpful. I am a very visual person so having the information presented in a video was very helpful!

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
I would choose to participate. Like I said in the second question, it is very important to continue to learn everything you can about technology and the applications/tools that are available.

How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?
Wow! Best use of my time for a technology class!

I would offer one suggestion to people though...I started working through each of the activities and then would continue without posting to my blog. I figured I would go back and post a few posts at a time...this is not the best way to do this class. You tend to get wrapped up in the exercises because they are fun to do that going back to blog can be difficult and you can get behind. Blog right after finishing and then continue with the next exercise.
Thank you so much for offering this class!! It was great!!

1 comment:

VWB said...

looks like you had lots fun with your summer technology adventure.
Congratulations!